Pindari Glacier Trek, Every Artists Inspiration
Let’s take your imagination on a virtual tour – imagine the landscape or scenery while reading it and yourself traveling through these. View of Snow clad peaks playing behind the bush with clouds passing, waterfalls and gushing water streams, with the green meadows surrounding them will make you feel love at first sight. Be sure to get bewitched by the trail to the glacier when you go past rhododendron forests. Inspiration to every artist is situated in the Kumaon ranges of the Himalayas. This trek is a very well defined trek with only one easy to cross pass en route to the Pindari Glacier Dhakuri Pass.
Day 01- Kathgodam to Loharkhet
Altitude- 5500 ft.
Distance- 180 Km. 7-8 hrs
Overnight stay in Guest House
Pick up time 06:00 am at the parking of Kathgodham railway station.
Route:- Kathgodam – Bheem Tal – Almora- Bageshwar- Kapkot- Loharkhet
BSNL network available
Day 02- Loharkhet to Kahrkia (Drive) and Trek to Khati
Altitude- 5500 ft to 7,300 ft (Kahrkia – 7,400 ft.)
Drive -3 hours
Trek- 4 km (1 hour)
Reach Khati before lunch
Accommodation in tent
Day 03- Khati to Dwali
Altitude: 7,300 ft to 8,600 ft
Time taken: 6-7 hours
Distance: 13 km
Day 04- Dwali to Phurkia
Altitude: 8,600 ft to 10,500 ft
Distance: 5 km
Time taken: 3 hours
Day 05- Phurkia to Zero Pint Pindari Glacier and return
Altitude: 10,500 ft and 12,300 ft
Time taken: 7 hours
Distance: 16 km
Day 06- Phurkia to Khati via Dwali
Altitude: 10,500 ft to 7,300 ft
Time taken: 7-8 hours
Distance: 18 km
Day 07- Khati to Kharkia and Drive back to Kathgodam
Altitude: 7,300 ft to 7,400 ft
Time taken: 1 hour trek
Distance: 4 km
Drive- 180 km
- Guest house (twin / triple) and camping (twin sharing)
- Indian Vegetarian Meals with Egg as per itinerary (It start from Lunch on Day 3 to packed Lunch on Day 8.)
- Trek equipment: Sleeping bag, mattress, tent (twin sharing), kitchen & dinning tent, toilet tent, utensils and microspikes (if required)
- Services from Kathgodam to Kathgodam.
- Mules to carry the central luggage.
By Train :- The Kathgodam station is one of the main stations in the district and it is an old station. It has good connectivity to many places and these include Lucknow, Delhi, and Howrah. Tickets from Delhi to Kathgodam by train cost around Rs. 150 for a second class sleeper ticket and Rs. 400 for a third A/C sleeper ticket. It is essential to book the tickets for at least one month in advance as this route is always in demand.
By Bus :-
Regular buses ply from ISBT Delhi Anand Vihar station to Kathgodam. Buses that go to Nainital stops at Haldwani which is a twin town of Kathgodham (8 hrs. Journey). Usually buses drop you at Haldwani bus station. From there you have to come to Kathgodham Railway Station which is 4km away. ESI’s Tata Sumo or similar vehicles will pick-up you from Kathgodham Railway Station at 6:00am.
We would suggest you to take only government buses from ISBT Anand Vihar, Delhi. Private buses ply from outside ISBT and they are not trust worthiness.
- Water bottle/Hydration pack 2 bottles of one litre each. People who use hydration pack, 1 hydration pack and 1 bottle of one liter
- Carry at least one thermos flask
- Snacks Energy bars, dry fruits, electral/ors
- Personal Medical Kit Consult your doctor
- Toilet Paper & wipes Toothbrush and toothpaste
- Sun cap 1 Nos. (One that covers the neck as well)
- Woolen cap 1 Nos.
- Balaclava 1 Nos.
- Neck-gaiters 1 Nos.
- Sunglasses Dark with side cover, it should be U/V protected.
- People who wear spectacles (A)- Use contact lenses. (B)- Photo chromatic glasses.
- First timer can apply, should have some interest in trekking and mountaineering.
- The climber must be fit and have sufficient stamina to cover 5 km of distance in 45 minutes without stress.
- The climber should be able to carry a 10 kg backpack.
- Heart problem, high blood pressure, asthma, and epilepsy cannot be reconciled on this mission. The climber must not have the conditions mentioned.
About the instructor
They are a team of well Experienced & Equipped personnel, have been organizing treks and mountaineering expeditions in the Himalayas for a long time. Their highly-trained team of local guides & Sherpa’s will lead you to real adventure in any of the Himalayan ranges. From the greenest beginner to the sharpest adventurer, they can get you where you want to and assure you a truly remarkable experience