PPG level 2 Certified Paramotoring Course in Ganpatipule
This course levels you to become an independent paramotoring pilot. You become capable of truly flying solo and planning the entire flying operation yourself. For entering PPG 2 – Intermediate level training, the trainee must show at least 10 hours of 20 solo flights as a pilot in command (PIC). It should be signed into the individual Pilot’s log book, guaranteed by an authorized instructor.
The course term will be of 3 days with a total of 6 hours of training under the supervision of a certified instructor. In this course, the trainee will be taught some of the advanced manoeuvres which will enhance the overall skillset necessary to make quick decisions.
Gears and equipment
Certificate on course level completion
- General recap and overview of the basic training.
- Understanding basic wing profile and reflex wing profile
- Understanding NACA Geometric profile 2412
- Basic understanding of Propeller.
- Understanding basic meteorology and cloud formations
- Understanding load factors.
- Theoretical understanding on touch n go’s exercise
- Theoretical understanding on manoeuvres like “dolphin dives”, “Big ears”, “wing-overs” and “Spirals”
- Understanding applications of trimmer settings according to type of flying
- Understanding applications of different hang point positions according to type of flying
- Understanding Paramotor & Paraglider inspection schedules.
- Hang test for CG positioning.
- Various forces acting on paramotor & wing during hard manoeuvres
- Basic Air laws and emergency procedures
- Basic re-cap on forward / alpine & reverse launch techniques
- Ground skimming & maintaining
- Basic re-cap on dead stick landing techniques
- Targeting at least 10 touch and go’s In a single flight
- Unassisted spot landing with engine on & engine off.
- Low level directional control with or without obstacles.
- Mild wing-overs.
- Sharp turns.
- Quick descent techniques
– Big ears
– Dolphin dive
- Mild cross wind landing.
Understanding the functions of the power unit (engine).
Closest airport is Kolhapur and railway station is Ratnagiri. From there, take a bus to Ganpatipule, further more hire an Auto and come to Madachya banat resort or if you happen to come by the bus then is the last stop, take an Auto from there to the flying site which is Malgund beach.
Sunglasses if possible Poloroid
a hat or cap
full sleeves T-shirt
a camera to capture memories
About the Instructor
This Paramotoring school head by Eric Menezes, a pioneer in Paramotoring in India, DGCA’s chief flying instructor for over 6000 flights, Chief sail flying examiner, was established in 1992. They are a batch of instructors, designers, competing pilots and Paragliding instructors. So with the team totally experienced and focused in the sport, they will deliver a safe experience with beautiful views around and make you a truly capable Paramotoring pilot.