Shambavi River Kayak Tour
Situated on the fringes of west-coast of western Ghats where river Shambavi flowing through Kudremukh in Western Ghats meets the sea. The picturesque surroundings and river flowing in steady pace is a an ideal place to explore by a kayak. You paddle your kayak from the Arabian sea to Western Ghats along the Palimar dam after crossing the backwater. Explore the vivid environs by kayak tour and unfold the secrets of nature.
08:30 Pm Start from Bangalore, Overnight Journey of about 350 kms. The trip leader will give a brief Introduction about the destination.
- 05:00 Am Reach Base Camp. Refreshments and Breakfast
- 07:00 Am Get into Kayak and explore. Depending on the weather Forecast
- 09:30 Am After Paddling Paddling and Paddling
- 10:00 Am Stop for Watermelon break
- 10:15 Am Resume Paddling session
- 01:00 Pm Stop at Base camp for Traditional Homemade Lunch and Relax
- 01:00 Pm Explore Shambavi River
- 06:00 Pm Reach Campsite and have Refreshments
- 07:00 Pm Barbeque, Campfire. Gaze the star studded sky
- 08:30 Pm Dinner
- 09:30 Pm Retire for the day. Overnight stay in Tents
- 06:00 Am Wakeup and Refresh
- 06:30 Am Refreshments
- 07:00 Am Breakfast and begin you day with your kayak
- 11:00 Am Reach Mulki
- 01:00 Pm Stop for Lunch
- 02:00 Pm Resume Journey
- 10:00 Pm Reach Bangalore
- Transport by Tempo Traveller Non/Ac, 02 Breakfast, 01 Lunch , 01 Dinner, Tea and Fruits
- Overnight stay in dome tents on twin sharing basis, Sleeping bags provided
- Gear and equipment for kayaking: Kayak, 1 kayak Paddle, 1 waterproof Jacket, Common dry bag, First Aid Kit, throw bag, Helmet
Pick Up Point in Bengaluru will be decided one day prior to the trip. Pickup Points will decided based on the convenience of entire group.
a change of clothes
toiletries as per your requirement.
About the instructor
A team of passionate nature-lovers and ardent adventure-junkies, they have cumulative domain experience of more than 75 adventure years till time covering The Himalayas in the north to the western ghats down south. They have explored all the major peaks and river bodies in the state of Karnataka.